Tigger, Private Ear is the 33rd episode and the 10th episode of Season 2. Tigger becomes a Detective to solve mysteries.
Owl (Hal Smith) tells Pooh (Jim Cummings) and the Gang a Detective Story. When Owl lost his glasses for two weeks ago, Tigger (Paul Winchell) found Owl's glasses. He told Tigger that he could be a Detective.
The next day he opened his shop, Tigger had his first customer, Pooh. Tigger told Pooh that running out of Honey is no crime.
Later that night, Tigger fakes a crime scene by losing Piglet's (John Fiedler) nose-warmer and found it. Then, he decided to sneak into Pooh's House to steal his honey on purpose. But when he trips over Pooh's firewood, it causes Tigger falls and accidently drop Pooh's Honey pot. So, he began to think to steal Rabbit's (Ken Sansom) honey pot to put it at Piglet's House.
The next morning, Tigger pretends to find the mystery for Rabbit's honey pot. When Rabbit finds out, he blames Piglet that it's Pooh's birthday present. Owl decided to have a trail, which that makes Tigger to tell the truth. So, Tigger confesses that it was him and it wasn't Piglet's fault.
Finally, Tigger learnt his lesson that the trouble caused.
- Christopher Robin is absent in this episode. Except Kanga and Roo in the jury, but there's no dialouge.
- This episode is based on Sherlock Holmes.
- This episode is featured in VSH Winnie the Pooh Playtime: Detective Tigger.
- This is the first appearence of Tigger's alter-ego, "'Tigger, Private Ear"'.
- Tigger's slogan: "Tigger, Private Ear: If you lose it, we can find it!"